deShedding Tool for Cats | FURminator Tool Review With Video
FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats (1.75″ wide stainless steel deShedding edge) reduces shedding up to 90 percent by removing the loose, dead undercoat without damaging the topcoat. This tool is recommended for all shedding cats. We also have available a dog FURminator deShedding tool. FURminator deShedding tool helps to eliminate hairballs in cats, reduces shedding
FURminator Long Hair deShedding Tool for Cats
FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats (1.75″ wide stainless steel deShedding edge) reduces shedding up to 90 percent by removing the loose, dead undercoat without damaging the topcoat. This tool is recommended for all shedding cats. We also have available a dog FURminator deShedding tool. FURminator deShedding tool helps to eliminate hairballs in cats, reduces shedding up to 90 percent, guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, comb or rake, works great on all shedding, long and short haired cats, brings out the cat’s natural oils, promoting healthier skin and a shiny topcoat and reduces the amount of airborne elements that cause allergic reactions in many people.
FURminator Large Cat Long Hair deShedding Tool, for cats over 10 lbs
Pets will always shed, and as long as they live indoors, pet parents will need ways to reduce pet hair. That’s why FURminator shedding solutions are revered by pet parents as the gold standard for pet hair control. Nothing on the market comes close to matching the effectiveness of the extensive line of deShedding tools, which provide the right solution for every shape, size and type of pet.
FURminator deShedding Tools eliminate the frustration associated with shedding, and they keep coats healthy and beautiful. In addition, they keep pets comfortable and safe. Up to 2/3 of the hair that a cat sheds is ingested during grooming, resulting in hairballs that are messy, stressful to the cat, and the cause of potentially serious problems. The line of deShedding tools eliminate every concern associated with shedding for all pets, and that’s why both pets and pet parents love FURminator.
Please read all instructions and FAQs carefully before you begin. Use the FURminator deShedding Tool only as directed.
1. For best results, we recommend deShedding your pet immediately after washing and drying. Use only on a completely dry coat. Our extensive line of FURminator deShedding products are designed to promote healthy skin and coat and reduce excess shedding.
2. Before using the deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Remove tangles or mats with a FURminator Slicker Brush or Finishing Comb before using the deShedding tool. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which may be concealed by his coat. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing.
3. Use the deShedding tool much like a brush and gently stroke across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth of the deShedding edge toward the coat. Start from the head and work your way back, using extra care near the pet’s stomach, legs, genitals and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Deep or rough brushing can cause your pet’s skin to become red and irritated, so do not apply too much weight or downward pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation, discontinue use.
4. Remove excess hair from the teeth of the deShedding tool as you work by pushing the FURejector button.
Precision Tool Selection
Not all cats were created equal which makes FURminator the best choice when it comes to deShedding solutions. Simply select the short hair or long hair edge tool matched to your cat’s body size for a truly customized grooming experience. The design of the edge allows the tool to push through the topcoat to easily and gently remove the undercoat and loose hair without cutting or damaging the cat’s delicate skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the deShedding tool be used on all pets?
The deShedding tool may be used on most long- and short-haired pets, including dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, ferrets and other small pets. The edge is designed to make grooming pets faster and easier. The deShedding tool should not be used on non-shedding breeds or on pets with particularly sensitive skin.
How often and how long should I use the FURminator deShedding Tool?
We recommend using the FURminator deShedding tool 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session, though the actual time will vary depending on the breed of your pet and the condition of his coat. You may need to use the deShedding tool more frequently during heavy shedding seasons.
Where should I perform the grooming process?
The deShedding tool will remove a high volume of loose hair and undercoat, so for convenient cleanup, choose a location that is easy to vacuum or sweep, such as a tile floor indoors or outside. Or, use the FURminator vacuum accessory for easy clean up for use with the small, medium and large FURminator deShedding Tools. Always choose a location where your pet is comfortable and safe.
How do I take care of my deShedding tool?
Be sure to keep the protective edge cover on the deShedding tool when it’s not in use. Take care not to drop the tool, as doing so may break the teeth, especially if the protective cover is not on the edge. Brush your pet before using the deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth. You can clean the deShedding edge with warm water. A mild soap may be used if necessary. This can reduce the feeling of a dull edge due to dander collection in the teeth of the deShedding edge. Make sure to dry the deShedding edge completely before storing the tool with its protective cover.
- Reduces shedding by up to 90%
- Effectively reduces hairballs, keeping your cat healthier and happier
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches deep beneath your cat?s long topcoat to gently remove loose hair
- FURejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease
- Recommended by vets to help prevent dangerous hairballs from developing
- Designed by a groomer for professional results
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb
deShedding Tools For Cats Comparison Table
https://petgroomingsupplies.teaserarticles.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking "Fred's Best Pet Grooming Supplies 2019" to amazon.com, amazon.ca, amazon.co.uk, amazonsupply.com, audible.com, abebooks.com, or myhabit.com.